By browsing and using our website you agree to this policy governing your use of the website. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use our website.
Collection of information
In order to provide the services you want, and to allow you to experience a more personalised service when you revisit us, we need to know your interests. We find these out by asking you, by reading your comments and by looking at which are the most popular areas of our sites.
We will only collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) which you have provided voluntarily to us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to us. Please do not submit your personal data to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Examples of where we may collect your personal information include (without limitation):-
- If you enter a contest or promotion we ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so we can run the contest effectively and tell you if you have won.
- If you order a product or service from us we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the couriers who may deliver your order. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
If you use our "Mail to a friend" service, we ask for the friend's name and email address. We then send an automatic, one-time e-mail inviting your friend to visit us. Details of this transaction are stored only to send that one-time e-mail or to track complaints of mischievous use. Your friend may email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask that it be deleted.
Collection of other information
Use of your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and ancillary services and for our internal business purposes. These include (without limitation):-
- personalising your visits to the site and developing the design and style of the site to improve our services to you;
- to inform you about the latest changes to our website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- communication (and personalising such communication) with you from 21st Century Leaders and from other reputable and trustworthy third parties (if you have agreed to such);
- informing you if you have been successful in any of the competitions or promotions;
- compiling customer reviews;
- for market research purposes;
- to prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our sites;
- to enable third parties to carry out statistical analysesí, technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising;
- for strategic development;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- for accounting purposes.
We may provide third parties, at our discretion, with certain aggregate statistical data about your use of our websites, which data may include demographic data such as age range and/or geographic location of groups of user. It will not include information that could personally identify you.
With your consent, we may supply personal information to third parties.
We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by applicable regulatory bodies, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our other users.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of 21st Century Leaders.
You consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as the United Kingdom provides) in the event that the processing of your information involves such a transfer
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our sites. However we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using Secure Sockets Layer 128-bit encryption verified through Verisign.
In addition to our safeguards your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on the website.
For more information on the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please see www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Changing or accessing your information
Should your personal information change (e.g. your postcode), or if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please email email@example.com including full details of your request.
We may charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to personal information.